Through the course of time I've come to know about "completing medical degree". I thought at first that it's a compulsory thing for everyone. But now it's clear to me. Completing medical education is a program for doctors from third world. They can take part in a whole year of medical study that includes theoretical and practical study. By the end of the year, they should be fit to apply for job as AT-läkare. Apparently, they need a decision from Socialstyrelsen that they can take part in such a course. This course happens in three universities, in Stockholm, Göteborg and Linköping. It starts in October and last date for applying is in April. Swedish B is a requirement. The details can be found here.
It's time to write the post I was never looking forward to writing. Because this is about NOT clearing TULE. My worst nightmare has come true. Something I had never expected and still am unable to accept. I have to admit it, I am still shocked, and wake up every day hoping and wishing that all this that happened in the past month was just a bad dream. But it's not. It's true. I did give the exam, and I did not clear it. That makes me feel like a really dumb student, because this kind of failure is something I have never experienced, nor awaited. Let me go into the background a little bit. I am a good enough student of medicine, I have never failed any exam, I chose this profession by my own choice and I am very passionate about it. Since the time I found out I'd be moving to Sweden, I have been trying to find out about this particular test. From whatever I gathered (and I can't quote any sources, unfortunately) the practical test is a breeze, because all th...
A Question : Y didnt u try this ? It would surely be less intimidating than studying medicine in swedish alone ?
ReplyDeleteThis program starts in October each year in only three cities in Sweden. If I had taken that, I wouldn't have been done till mid of this year. And honestly, I was pretty sure about clearing the exam in February, which seemed to be the quicker method.
DeleteNow why didn't I apply for it after failing the exam: well, I was literally numb in the head after the failure, didn't think about this option. (By the way, this will end in mid of next year if I start now, and I'm hoping to clear the exam THIS year).
Call it over-confidence, laziness or something else, I have never taken this option seriously.
Is this Supplementary education program still available?
DeleteHi, Yes, infact I am doing it right now.
DeleteDo you mind telling us about your experience doing Supplementary Education program? What is it like?
Delete